Friday, September 02, 2005

1 Week 'Til Thailand

So I thought, "I must get everything organised well in advance so I'm not rushing."

Pity I didn't actually *do it*. So I have 7 very busy days ahead of me mainly involving shopping for everything, getting my jabs done, sorting my finances, losing half a stone ... ah, f*ck it.

I also need to get in touch with Tardy Leon - I know how Henry Stanley felt now.

Patricia seems to be having a good time, I feel I'm slightly cheating meeting someone out there but at least it means I'll be able to jump straight in & not have to learn the ropes & stuff. I've done some planning. I get into Bangkok @ 14:00 on Saturday, it's an hour into Central BK, I'm going to Ko San Road to a hostel there, having a kip then going to a bar the name of which I have forgotten to get drunk with a bunch of strangers. I'll wander around BK on the Sunday/Monday then catch the Sleeper Train to Surat Thani overnight to meet Patricia on Tuesday. Then we're getting the bus/ferry to Ko Samui. There then follows a lazy few days in a beach shack until the Full Moon Party on Sunday.

After that the plans involve travelling across Thailand to Phuket to see if there's anything we can do to help with the tsunami relief, then up the coast to see The Bridge Over The River Kwai, then up to Chang Mai to look at the sights.

By that time I should be exhausted, broke & disease-ridden so I may as well come home.

We'll see ...

K.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home